A must have in any kitchen, it’s a good idea to make extra vegetable stock every time you make a soup and keep some in the freezer so you can prepare meals with it at any time. This recipe uses fresh vegetables but you can also make vegetable stock with the skins of vegetables you would normally throw away.
2 large onions
10 cloves garlic
6 stalks of celery
6 small white or red potatoes
8 cups water
1 tsp cumin
1⁄2 tsp Italian seasoning
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1) Cut all the vegetables into small pieces.
2) Add olive oil and garlic to a large cooking pot and sauté the vegetables on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
3) Add the cumin, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the cooking pot.
4) Add the water to the pot, mix gently, and bring the ingredients to a boil.
5) Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours.
6) After to hours, turn o the heat and allow the stock to cool.