Turkey is a staple in our house. We use ground turkey to stuff peppers but often bake a full turkey breast when we have a large number of people to feed. This recipe uses coconut butter and honey to sweeten the turkey breast and cinnamon and ginger for a wonderful and unusual flavor.
1⁄2 - 1 cup chicken stock (depending on turkey size)
1 small turkey breast (5-7 lbs) 2 tbsp coconut butter
4 tbsp honey 2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Wash the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels.
3) Combine the cinnamon, cardamom, salt and pepper in a bowl to create a spice mixture.
4) Rub the spices over each side of the turkey.
5) Heat honey in medium size pot over low flame until it gets hot (about 1 minute).
6) Add chicken stock to honey, and cook over low flame for 2-3 minutes, until hot.
7) Add coconut butter and heat over low flame until it melts.
8) Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
9) Pour the liquid over the entire turkey while its in the