This is the recipe I use to make all my fruit pie fillings. I use spices and vanilla extract for the basic flavor and sweeten the pie with maple syrup or honey.
2 cups walnuts 1 cup almonds
8 large pitted dates 1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups strawberries 1⁄2 tsp cardamom powder
4 tbsp honey or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
4 fresh rhubarb stalks or 2 cups cut fresh rhubarb
1) Put the walnuts, almonds, dates, and coconut oil in a blender and blend into a paste, set aside.
2) In a small bowl mix strawberries, rhubarb, cardamom and honey or syrup, mix thoroughly
3) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
4) Take the nut paste and gently pat it into a pie pan so the entire pan is covered with the nut paste
5) Cook pie crust for 10 minutes or until it turns a tiny bit golden in color Spoon the fruit mixture into the pie crust