This dish uses coconut oil and sesame oil to lightly sauté a range of vegetables and give them a lovely subtle flavor. Adding a small amount of water or vegetable stock allows the vegetables to get softer more quickly.
4 cups chopped broccoli or broccoli rabe
1 1⁄2 cups chopped bok choy or green cabbage
1⁄2 cup water or vegetable stock1 cup chopped onion 1 cup sliced carrot
10-12 mushrooms 1 green pepper
1⁄2 tsp salt 2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp sesame oil 1 tbsp honey
1) Spoon the coconut oil into a large pan and heat over a low flame.
2) Place the onions in the pan and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the broccoli and carrots and sauté for 10 minutes over a medium flame, stir as needed.
4) Add the bok choy, mushrooms, pepper and salt to the pan and sauté on medium flame for 5 minutes, stir as needed.
5) Add the 1⁄2 cup of water or vegetable stock, cover the pan, and cook for 5 minutes until all vegetables are just about soft.
6) Add the sesame oil, vinegar, and honey to the pan and mix well