This is a beautiful dish to serve because you put the squash in the center of the table on a large platter. If the squash is small you can serve each stuffed squash on individual plates. People are always surprised to lift the top o the squash and see it stuffed with the chicken stew. As you serve, scoop out a bit of the squash from the inside but do not break the skin as this is the vessel for holding the chicken stew.
1 large kabucha squash or 2 large acorn squashes
2 Chicken breasts 1 can unsweetened
Coconut milk 1 Onion
1 Red pepper 2 Carrots
2 Zucchini 1 tbsp Honey
1⁄2 tsp Salt 1⁄4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Curry powder 1 tsp Cumin
4 tbsp Olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut the top of the squashes o and set them aside.
3) Place the squash on a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
4) When the squash is still hard has cooked but has remained firm, remove the squash from the oven and set aside.
5) Cut up the onion and red pepper and sauté them in a pan with the olive oil.
6) Dice pup the carrots and chicken. Add them to the sauté.
7) Add the honey to the sauté.
8) Cut up the zucchini into small pieces and add them to the sauté. We add zucchini at the end to avoid over-cooking it.
9) Cook the chicken and carrots in the sauté and cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
10) When the chicken and squash are cooked, stuff the squashes with the chicken.
11) Put the tops of the squash back on and bake the squash stuffed chicken in the oven until the squash is soft. Flame until they become brown on both sides.