This dish combines cabbage and cauliflower with roots vegetables, chilies, coconut and spices. It’s a hearty dish that you can east as a full meal or as a side dish. is is another dish I love to bring to warm as its delicious hot or at room temperature. I also love to eat these vegetables with eggs for breakfast.
1 medium size eggplant
1 large onion
3-4 large cloves of garlic (8-10 if small)
3 teaspoons coconut oil
2 medium size tomatoes
INGREDIENTS FOR MASALA SPICE MIX
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons coriander power
1⁄2 teaspoon chile powder
1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
If it is too spicy you can add coconut milk to taste and preferred consistency.
1) Cut eggplant in thick slices, set aside
2) Chop onions in chucks, set aside.
3) Peel and dice garlic, set aside.
4) Slice tomatoes and set aside.
5) Add coconut oil to frying pan.
6) Sauté onions and garlic until golden and soft.
7) Add eggplant and cook over low flame until soft.
8) Add masala (including garam masala) to frying pan.
9) Cook over low heat, mixing slowly until eggplant is covered with spices.