Roasted Chicken Breasts with Olives, Tomatoes, and Lemon
This dish is roasted but it tastes like a stew or a tagine because it’s served with its delicious juice. It combines olives, tomatoes and fresh lemons to create a deep Middle Eastern or Mediterranean flavor.
6 boneless chicken breasts 1⁄3 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic 3 whole ripe tomatoes
20 black pitted olives 2 cups fresh parsley
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
3) Lay out the chicken breasts on a glass baking pan.
4) Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
5) Blend the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, olives, and the juice from one lemon, together until a paste forms.
6) Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
7) Roast the smothered chicken breasts in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken breasts are fully cooked.
8) Cut the remaining lemon into slices and place the slices on a platter.
9) Remove the chicken breasts from the oven when they are fully cooked, and place them on the platter with the lemon.