Roast chicken is a staple dish in our house. I love to cover the chicken breasts with lots of olive oil, roll it in the spices, and then bake the chicken in the over until it turns golden brown and crispy. I like to serve it with roasted root vegetables.
4 chicken breasts 3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp turmeric 2 tbsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Wash the chicken breasts in cold water, and dry them lightly with a paper towel.
3) Cover the top and bottom of breast with olive oil.
4) Combine the three spices, and rub each of the chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
5) Lay the chicken breasts on a greased baking pan.
6) Bake the chicken breasts in the oven for one hour.
7) When the chicken is fully cooked, and the skin is brown and crispy, remove the baking pan from the oven. (keep the oven on for the root vegetables)
8) Serve the chicken hot with the root vegetables (recipe below) and enjoy!