Another delicious eggplant and other vegetables dish, ratatouille is often served cold in summer. We like it so much I prepare it all year and often serve it with olives and baked white potatoes.
1 medium eggplant 2 medium zucchini
2 medium bell peppers 4-5 ripe tomatoes
4 cloves Garlic 2 cups Onion
3 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp salt
1 tsp basil 1 bay leaf
1 tsp marjoram or oregano 1⁄2 tsp thyme
1⁄4 tsp black pepper 1⁄2 cup Fresh Parsley
1) Chop onions and garlic into small pieces.
2) Peel the eggplant and then cut the eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers into medium size pieces and set aside.
3) Heat the olive oil in a deep pan; when it is hot add the garlic, onion and bay leaf and sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the eggplant, salt and herbs to the sauté mix and stir.
5) Cover and cook the eggplant on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes until eggplant is soft; stir so it does not burn.
6) Add zucchini, peppers, black pepper, and tomatoes.
7) Cover and let cook over low flame for 10 minutes until zucchini and peppers are just about soft, but not too soft.