The MS Cookbook
This is the basic piecrust that I make for almost all of the fruit based pies in the MS diet. I fill the crust with any kind of fruit in season. I also use this piecrust to make a quiche by stuffing it with mushrooms, vegetables, and eggs. In addition to its great taste, this piecrust crunchy and adds great texture to a fresh fruit pie or quiche. INGREDIENTS 3⁄4 cup almonds 3⁄4 cup walnuts 5 Majoon dates 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
1⁄4 cup water 2 tbsp coconut oil
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Blend the nuts in a blender until ne.
3) Remove the pits from the dates, cut them up, and add them to the blender.
4) Slowly add coconut oil to the blender, blending the ingredients until they have formed a paste.
5) Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground ginger to the blender.
6) Place the paste from the blender onto a pie plate.
7) Using your fingers; pat the paste down into the bottom and sides of the pie plate, so that the entire insider surface of the pie plate is evenly covered.
8) Place the pie plate into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
9) Remove the pie plate from the oven.
10) Let the pie crust cool. Fill it with a filling of your choice.
11) Place the pie plate back into the oven and bake it again until the crust is golden brown.
12) Remove the pie plate from the oven and let it cool.
13) When you are ready you can ll it with the filling of your choice.