This is an easy and quick dish to prepare. It’s filling and pretty on the table and goes well with a simple green salad. I usually make more turkey than I need so we can eat the leftover turkey with eggs the next morning for breakfast.
1 Onion 2 Garlic cloves
1⁄2 cup Tomato sauce 1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp pepper 1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 lb Ground turkey breast
4-6 Green, red or orange peppers
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Carefully slice the top o of each pepper and set aside the tops aside.
3) Put the peppers on a baking dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
4) After 10 minutes remove the peppers from the oven and set them aside to cool.
5) Heat olive oil in a sauté pan.
6) Cut up the onions and garlic then sauté them in olive oil.
7) Add the ground turkey meat, Italian seasoning, and tomato sauce to the sauté.
8) Cook the ingredients for 10- 20 minutes on a low flame until the turkey meat is cooked.
9) Stuff peppers with cooked turkey meat.
10) Put the stuffed peppers on a baking pan, and bake them for 10- 20 more minutes.
11) Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven once the peppers are soft.