Root soups are full of vitamins and minerals and make a great soup to eat in winter when the days get darker earlier and the weather gets colder. I like to use chicken stock but you can also use water or vegetable stock to make this soup.
3 tbsp Olive oil
1⁄4 tsp Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
3 cups Stock (chicken, vegetable or water)
1⁄4 tsp Cumin
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Peel and cut the carrots, onion and parsnips into small pieces, and place them in a bowl.
3) Sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil and mix gently so all the vegetables are covered.
4) Add salt, pepper, cumin to the vegetables and mix gently.
5) Place the vegetable mixture in roasting pan and bake them in the oven until the vegetables are soft and golden brown.
6) Place all the cooked ingredients in a blender with stock, and blend until smooth.
7) Place the pureed ingredients back into a pan and simmer.