In our house we eat omelets for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we always have eggs in the refrigerator. You can make an omelet with just eggs or stuff it with any vegetable you can think of. Onions and mushrooms are a staple that’s always delicious but any vegetables you add will taste great. The recipe below makes an omelet for two people.
Vegetables of your choice (mushrooms, kale, potatoes, sweet potatoes, celery, peppers, broccoli, etc.)
Seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, cumin, nutmeg, Italian seasoning, garlic, etc.)
1 medium Onion
1⁄4 tsp salt
pinch black pepper
1) Scramble the eggs in a bowl.
2) Add a small amount of water to the eggs, mix, and set them aside.
3) Dice up and sauté the onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil.
4) Cut and prepare the vegetables you’ve chosen, and add them to the pan with the onions.
5) Add salt and pepper (you can add more or less to your taste)
6) Sauté all the vegetables until they are cooked to your desired texture, and set them aside
7) Add cooked vegetables to eggs and mix. Add seasonings as you like
8) Put small amount of olive oil in frying pan, heat on high re then reduce flame
9) Add 1⁄2 of egg and vegetable mix to pan and cook over medium flame, turn with spatula when the egg is ready to be turned, let cook on other side.