This dish uses a strong Dijon mustard to contrast with the soft taste of the fresh salmon. Keep it in the baking dish when you serve it so you can scoop out the seasonings that fall to the bottom of the dish when you serve it.
2 lbs Salmon 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil
1⁄2 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp white Wine vinegar Pinch of Salt
Pinch of pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Clean the salmon and place it in a deep baking dish.
3) Sprinkle the fish with the salt, pepper, and olive oil.
4) Place the salmon in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5) Mix a 1⁄4 cup of olive oil, with the wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together to form a paste
6) Pour the paste over the salmon evenly so the entire fish is covered
7) Place the salmon back in the oven and bake it for 5 additional minutes
8) Once the salmon is cooked entirely, and has absorbed the majority of the paste, remove it from the oven.