Kale is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. We eat it almost every night and when we don’t, we’re eating chard or collards. This salad combines kale with persimmons, apples and mangos, resulting in a beautiful rainbow of colors on the plate and a tangy flavor in your mouth.
2 cups kale leaves
1⁄3 cup olive oil
1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp ground cumin
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Wash the kale, cut o the stems, and cut it into small pieces. Place the kale in a large salad bowl.
2) Slice the apple, persimmon, oranges and add them to the kale.
3) In separate bowl, combine oil, rice vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and seasonings.
4) Pour the dressing over the vegetables and fruit and gently mix.
5) Serve the kale salad at room temperature or cold.