Garam Masala for Poultry Dishes (Can also be used with vegetables)
Garam Masala is a wonderful combination of spices that are mixed together in a grinder and then added to a range of poultry dishes. I keep the different spices in the pantry and grind them up when I’m ready to use the masala.
1 cup cinnamon sticks 1⁄2 cup cloves
1⁄2 cup fennel seeds (anise) 5-8 pieces of green cardamom
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1) Make sure the coffee grinder is completely dry and clean before use.
2) Put all the ingredients into a coffee grinder, and grind until they’ve become a smooth powder.
3) Place the spice powder in a jar and tightly seal it.
4) Keep the spice powder in a dark place.
5) Use as needed with poultry and vegetable dishes.