This is the recipe I use to make all my fruit pie fillings. I use spices and vanilla extract for the basic flavor and sweeten the pie with maple syrup or honey.
3 cups blueberries or cranberries 3-4 medium size apples
1 lemon 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1) Cut the apples (with or without skin) into cubes.
2) Put the apple cubes into a bowl, and pour the lemon juice over the apples.
3) Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, syrup or honey, and vanilla extract to the apples, and mix.
4) Add the blueberries or cranberries to the apples, and mix gently
5) Pour the mixture into the pie crust you prepared previously.
6) Bake the Fruit pie for 15-20 until the apples are soft.