This dip is different from baba ganoush because it does not have tahini in it. Instead, it is made like a pesto with pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. It’s delicious on ax crackers and also with steamed vegetables.
1 large Eggplant
1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cashews or pine nuts
3 large cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp water
1) Cut the eggplant in half and bake at 350 degrees in the oven for about 20 minutes or more as it needs to be soft.
2) Set the eggplant aside when it is done baking, and let it cool.
3) When the eggplant is cool to the touch, cut it in half and scoop out the inside meat.
4) Put the meat into a blender with the water and 3 cloves of peeled garlic.
5) Add the cashews or pine nuts to the mixture.
6) Blend all the ingredients in a blender with the until you have a soft spread.