Dried fruit is a healthy fast treat that you can eat by itself, cut up and add to granola, or add to stews and tagines. We use a dehydrator to dry fresh fruit. If you don’t have one, you can use the oven on 200 degrees. Bake it slowly and watch it carefully overnight (about 12+ hours) as it takes less or more time depending on the kind of fruit you have and the condition of the fruit when you dry it.
1) Buy whatever fruit is in season in large quantities and dry as much of it as the dehydrator will hold.
2) Cut the fruit into 1-inch thick slices.
3) Cover dehydrator sheets with parchment paper to fit exactly on the shelf.
4) Place sliced fruit evenly on dehydrator sheets.
5) Place the sheets into dehydrator or into the oven.
6) Bake overnight until the fruit reaches your desired consistency.
7) When it’s dry, store it in jars and eat it for weeks.