A variation on the basic bread recipe, this bread is a bit flakier in texture and deeper in flavor. We also use this break to prepare French toast in the morning or toast it and smother it with jam or honey as a dessert after dinner.
A little bit more than 1/2 cup of coconut flour
4 tbsp coconut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
6 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Combine the our, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and mix until the dough is smooth.
3) Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
4) Add the egg yolks to the our mixture and put the whites into another bowl.
5) Add the melted coconut butter, coconut milk, and apple cider vinegar to the flour and mix until all the ingredients have blended together, it might feel a little sti as this is a dry dough.
6) Whip egg whites with hand mixer until stiff peaks begin form.Whipping the egg whites allows the bread to be more fluffy and slice-able.
7) Fold egg whites into batter.
8) Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
9) Spoon batter into the pan and shake the pan a bit so the dough spreads evenly in the pan.
10) Bake for 35-40 minutes, cover the bread with tinfoil the last 5-10 minutes of baking.
11) Allow bread to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and removing from pan.