Another chicken dish with a Middle Eastern flavor, this dish uses cinnamon, prunes, and almonds to add a rich flavor and texture to the meal. This dish also reminds people of a tagine.
4 chicken breasts 20-30 pitted prunes
2 large red onions 1 cup almonds
3 tsp cumin 2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp cinnamon powder 1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp ginger powder 1⁄2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup water 1⁄4 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
1) Put the chicken breasts on a large plate.
2) Mix all the spices together and rub the chicken breasts with the spice mixture using your hands.
3) Set aside for 15 minutes.
4) In a small pan, cook the prunes with the cinnamon stick and water.
5)Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil.
6) Once the water is boiling, lower the ame and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
7) Slice the onions and sauté in a large pot in some of the olive oil.
8) Add the chicken breasts to the onions and let brown on both sides.
9) When all the chicken breasts are brown on both sides, lower the flame and let cook on very low flame for 30 minutes.
10) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
11) Transfer chicken breasts to a baking pan and cover with the cooked prunes in the water they were cooked in
12) Cover the chicken with almonds and bake for 20-30 minutes.
13) Arrange chicken breasts on platter with prunes and sauce.
14) You can serve with sweet potatoes and green salad.