Chicken with Coconut Milk
This is a fun dish to serve to friends who don’t eat curries often as it has a fantastic flavor that is sure to impress people new to these tastes. Serve it in deep bowls so people can drink the stock like soup. I like to serve it with curried carrots and mango chutney as side dishes.
INGREDIENTS 6 Chicken breasts 2 tbsp ginger 8 Garlic cloves 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp curry powder 1 tbsp Cumin 4 cups coconut milk 4 tbsp Olive Oil 1 large Onion 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric 1 fresh tomato 1⁄4 cup water
1) Wash and cut the chicken breasts into small cubes.
2) Cut the garlic and onion into small pieces.
3) Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic.
4) Add the ginger, cayenne pepper, curry powder, and cumin to the sauté and allow them to simmer with the garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
5) Add the chicken cubes to the sauté mix and let it cook on low flame until they become brown on both sides.
6) Cut the tomato into small pieces.
7) Add the coconut milk, water, turmeric and tomato to the sauté mix and let it cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
8) Serve while hot and enjoy!