This is a different flavored chicken salad than the one prepared with aioli. It uses cabbage and sesame oil to create an Asian flavor and cashews to add a wonderful crunchy consistency.
2 Chicken breasts
3 cups Cabbage
1 clove Garlic
1⁄2 cup Cashews
1⁄2 tsp Mustard
1⁄2 cup Sesame oil
1 tsp White vinegar
1⁄2 tsp Salt
1⁄2 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Hot Water
1 tbsp Honey
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 2 inch wide, long slices.
2) Pour the sesame oil and add the garlic to a large sauté pan and sauté over medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the chicken to the pan to cook it thoroughly.
4) Cut the onions and cabbage into thin, long slices and add them to the chicken in the pan.
5) Add the salt and pepper.
6) After the chicken breasts and cabbage are fully cooked, remove from the sauté pan and set them aside to cool.
7) In a bowl, combine the mustard, hot water, honey and vinegar.
8) Put the cooled chicken in the bowl with the mustard, hot water, and vinegar.
9) Drizzle your chicken salad mixture with additional sesame oil and add the cashews.