Chicken prepared in a pot is a staple dish in our house that I often think about when I don’t have much time to prepare a meal and I want to serve something substantial and beautiful to eat. This recipe requires a special pot that allows you to stew the chicken and other ingredients in the oven for many hours. When you are ready to serve this dish, take the chicken and vegetables out and arrange carefully and artfully on a platter, leaving the liquid in the pot.
3-4 chicken breasts 6 Carrots
4 White potatoes 2 Sweet potatoes
3 Parsnips 1 Onion
3-4 cloves Garlic 1⁄2 cup orange juice
1) Wash the chicken and put it in a pot.
2) Cut the parsnips, potatoes, onions, and garlic into small cubes, and put them on top of the chicken.
3) Pour the orange juice over the chicken and vegetables, and place the pot into the oven to cook for 2 1⁄2 hours at 400 degrees.
4) Check the chicken and vegetables occasionally to make sure you have enough liquid in the pot. If the stock looks low, add some more.
5) When the chicken is golden brown remove it from the oven, let if cool, and enjoy!