My family loves curries so this chicken curry is popular in my house. It combines both chicken thighs and chicken breasts with coconut milk and delicious spices. I like to serve this dish on a bed of finely diced baked cauliflower.
6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 large onion 3-4 cloves of garlic
4 sticks celery 1 can coconut milk
3 tbsp coconut oil 3 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp unprocessed 1-2 tbsp turmeric powder
sea salt 1⁄2 cup basil or cilantro
1) Wash the chicken and cut it into cube.
2) Cut the onions, garlic and celery into cubes and put into a bowl.
3) Put the coconut oil into a large pot and heat
4) When oil is hot, add the chicken to the pot and let it simmer with lid on until it is brown on both sides, about 20 minutes.
5) When the chicken is golden brown remove it from the oven, let if cool, and enjoy!
6) After 20 minutes, take the chicken out of the pot and put aside.
7) Add the onions, garlic and celery to the pot and let simmer for 5 minutes.
8) Add the curry, turmeric, and salt and stir into the vegetables.
9) Put the chicken back into the pot, stir so its covered with vegetables and spices.
10) Cover the pot and let simmer for 30 minutes.
11) Serve over cauliflower rice.
12) Sprinkle with basil or cilantro when you are ready to serve.