This chicken and carrot salad has a smoky flavor that is made stronger with the addition of red onions and cumin. The carrots give this salad a crunchy texture and beautiful orange color. The sweet and robust flavors combine beautifully with the chicken and are a great addition to any lunch or dinner.
2 barbecued chicken breasts
1 tsp fresh ginger
1⁄4 cup fresh red onion
1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
1⁄2 tsp cumin
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1) Peel the carrots and cut them into small bite size pieces.
2) Steam the carrots until soft
3) In a small pan, heat up the olive oil and sauté the ginger and onion.
4) When the onions are soft add the tomato sauce and stir.
5) When the carrots are soft, take them out of the steamer, place them in a bowl, and set aside.
6) Pour the maple syrup on the carrots
7) Add the sautéed ginger and onion to the mix to carrots