We love the flavor and texture of cabbage and of cashews so this dish has a flavor and texture we greatly enjoy. Its fast and easy to prepare and is a great side disk with chicken or fish.
3 cups Green cabbage
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric
1⁄2 tsp Red chili flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Cashews
1⁄4 tsp Salt
1) Slice the cabbage and scallions into thin slices.
2) Pour 2 tbsps olive oil into a sauce pan over a medium flame.
3) Let the oil get hot and then immediately add the cumin, turmeric, and chili flakes to the hot sauce pan and sauté the spices for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the rest of the olive oil and the sliced cabbage and scallions to the sauté.
5) Let the ingredients cook for 10 minutes on a low flame and stir them regularly so they don’t burn.
6) When the cabbage is soft and slightly brown, add the cashews to the sauce pan, and continue stirring the ingredients for 5 more minutes.
7) Add salt to the sauté, mix everything together, and turn o the heat.
8) Place the cabbage with the chili flakes and cashews in a bowl, mix well and serve hot.