Broccoli is such a great vegetable and it cooks up in just a few minutes. It is often used in stir fries and here it’s combined with cashews that get softer as they cook in the oil and chili flakes that add a spicy flavor to the dish.
1 large head Broccoli
1⁄2 cup Cashews
4 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Tahini sauce
1⁄2 to 1 tsp Chile akes
1) Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces.
2) Steam the broccoli in a double boiler or steamer for about 3 minutes, until the broccoli is soft but still retains a crunchy texture.
3) In a bowl mix the sesame oil, chili flakes, and tahini sauce
4) Chop up the cashews into chunks.
5) Place the broccoli in large bowl, and add the chopped cashews.
6) Add the sesame oil, chili flakes, and tahini sauce mixture to the broccoli and cashews, and lightly mix.
7) Pour everything into a sauce pan and cook over low flame for 10 minutes (don’t let the broccoli get too soft)
8) Serve the broccoli with cashews hot, and enjoy!