Beets are such a great food. They can be eaten raw or steamed. This recipe requires steaming and then flavoring them in a herb flavored oil and lemon juice base. You can serve it warm when the beets come out of the steamer or cold if you leave it in the refrigerator for more than a couple of hours.
2 tbsp Cilantro
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1⁄4 cup Chives
2 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1⁄4 tsp Salt
1) Cut beets into 1⁄4 inch slices.
2) Place the beets into a steamer and cook until soft, about 10 minutes on low flame.
3) Cut up the cilantro, chives, and garlic.
4) Place the steamed beets into a bowl.
5) Add the cilantro, chives, cumin and garlic, to the beets.
6) Pour the lemon juice and olive oil over the steamed beets and mix gently.