I prepare a grain free bread every week. My husband uses this basic everyday bread to make sandwiches; usually with sliced turkey and avocado. We also use this bread to make French toast. This bread has a great taste and the texture is similar to breads made with flours so you can slice it easily.
3/4 cup almond butter
6 large eggs
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp apple cider
1 tsp baking soda vinegar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup flax seeds
3 tbsp coconut flour
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil (which you should melt first) and apple cider vinegar.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the flax seeds, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
4) Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
5) Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour the dough into the pan.
6) Bake for 30-40 minutes, check the bread after 30 minutes to make sure it does not burn.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan.
8) You can store this bread in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for a month.