One of our favorite side dishes, we buy root vegetables all year long and often combine them together. The key for this dish is to put a good amount of olive oil on the raw vegetables so they are all covered in the oil. I’ve suggested specific types and amounts of vegetables but you can use as many or as few of any root vegetables as you like and use the vegetables you enjoy the most.
5 Sweet Potatoes, Yams or a combination of both
6 White Potatoes
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1⁄2 tsp Salt
1⁄4 tsp Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Wash and cut the beets, carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes (yams or both), and white potatoes into 1-inch cubes, and place them in a bowl.
3) Pour the olive oil, and sprinkle the salt and pepper, over the vegetables so they are all coated with oil and seasonings evenly.
4) Bake the vegetables in the oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
5) Once the vegetables are soft, remove them from the oven.