Almond Cake is a staple in our house. I prepare it often and it gets eaten up in a few days. It has a great flavor and texture and it’s even though you have to beat the egg whites its easy and fast to prepare.
1 1⁄2 cup Almond flour 1 tsp Baking powder
4 eggs 1⁄2 cup Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Coconut oil 4 Lemons
1⁄4 tsp Ground Cardamom 1⁄2 tsp Apple Cider
Vinegar Pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks, and place the egg yolks and whites into two separate bowls.
3) Mix the almond flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
4) Add the egg yolks to the dry mixture until the batter becomes smooth.
5) In separate bowl, whisk the egg whites briskly with a fork.
6) Add the salt, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup to the egg white whisk, and continue whisking until the egg whites become fluffy.
7) Slowly add the whisked egg white mixture to the batter.
8) Grease a baking pan with canola oil.
9) Pour the cake mixture into pan the pan, and place the pan in the preheated oven.
10) Bake the almond cake for 30-35 minutes.
11) When the top of the cake is golden brown, remove the baking pan from the oven and let is aside to cool.
12) When the cake is warm to the touch, remove it from the pan cover it with berries.