Aioli is our substitute for mayonnaise because it is prepared with fresh olive oil rather than soy oil. Once you taste it you’ll see why I love it. I use aioli to make chicken salads and spread it on Basic Bread to make turkey sandwiches.
1 cup Olive oil
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Water
1⁄2 tsp Salt
Pinch of black Pepper
1) Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Place the yolks in a bowl and set aside.
2) Place the garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender.
3) Start the food processor or blender, and slowly add small amounts of olive oil.
4) Finish adding the olive oil, and when the ingredients look well mixed and thick, add the water.
5) Put the aioli mixture into a glass jar and refrigerate for 2-3 days.